Me voici, back to the blogosphere five years after moving back to Canada from Burgundy, France and taking what turned out to be a permanent break from my old blog The Grape Journal.
Since then Franck and I have:
- Built a house in Victoria
- Returned to Burgundy every summer
- Continued to manage our four vacation rentals (four and half if you count the 13th century wine cellar under our Beaune apartment that we rent out)
- Watched “The Bevy” (our three daughters, Charlotte -14, Camille –12, and Clémentine –6) grow older and more lovely (not to mention more complex…)
- Become a super fast runner (10 km in under 40 minutes) and exercise nut (*ahem* don’t go into shock - I’m talking about Franck here)
- Coped (ongoing) with a cr@ppy health diagnosis (me – a rare auto-immune disease known as PSC)
- Been told by my doctors I will probably need a liver transplant in the next 1-5 years (me again).
- Wrote a memoir “My Grape Escape” about La Maison des Deux Clochers, the first property we bought and renovated in France (me)
- Self-published said memoir on Amazon.com to great success and began writing the sequel
- Found had much to say about above events (me...encore) so returned to blogging on my new author website www.laurabradbury.com
Merci for being here! I can’t wait to hang out with you.